Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Seld-evaluation

This experiment is full of errors like:

  • I think I should have started this experiment earlier to see if the plant could continue to live perpetually without interaction. 
  • I should have included more organism types. I had a photoautotroph and a primary consumer. I should have at least have included a detritvore. 
  • This experiment is invalid because the cricket went missing halfway through the experiment. It either died and decomposed, or the container had an opening somewhere (I do not have a clue where that could be). The experiment was testing the habitat for the plant and cricket, so with the cricket dying it makes the data collected false. The cricket could have killed the plant if the cricket still lived. If I had time, I would change the container and purchase a new peppermint plant and cricket. 
  • This experiment did not have a control. To have a control for this experiment, I should have made a separate environment with a peppermint plant and a cricket, and allowed it to live in the open air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment